Scientific Drilling International (SDI) today, SDI is a leading provider in the global wellbore navigation services market as well as the US directional services market. SDI is the only company to offer a complete navigation solution for the energy services sector that includes High Accuracy Gyro Survey, MWD, LWD, MagTraC MWD Ranging™, and Cased Hole Solutions.
In addition to our offices in the United States, SDI has operations located in Canada, Europe, Asia Pacific and the Middle East, with its newest locations in Russia, China and Romania. The company has established new operations in Latin America.
Repair and Maintenance Technician
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001430333
This is a position for electrical/electronic maintenance of tools and equipment in the oil and gas sector for a person desiring a career path as an Operations Technician.
- Develops skills required to perform routine preventive maintenance, calibration and minor repairs to a variety of company equipment.
- Performing more complex repairs in time and with company sponsored training.
- Performs basic operations using test equipment and industrial controllers required to test and calibrate equipment.
- Learns to interpret electronic and mechanical drawings with guidance to assist in diagnosis and equipment repair.
- Create M&E master schedule and identify relevant critical path and manage authority inspections.
- Proactively participates in the Competency / Training System to acquire additional technical skills. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Strong engineering background to discuss and advise technical matters with consultants.
- Responsible for ensuring duties are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Excellent facilitation skills and communication.
- Skills are typically acquired through a qualified technical electronics and able to coordinate with other department.
- Must actively expand professional knowledge and expertise, as well as expand network and leverage opportunities for new work.
- Must comply with all Company HSE policies and procedures.
- Must comply with all other company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Thai national, with or without experience in oil and gas business.
- Have License for Professional Practice (Associate Engineer or upper)
- Have Project management experience from contractor preferred.
- Based in Songkhla and able to visit offshore and/or onshore site locations.
- Must be physically capable of passing Offshore Survival Training.
- Speak, read and write both English and Thai.
- Can speak, read and write English with a minimum TOEIC score 500
- Good computer skill sets including R&M, software installation and update
- Maintenance and basic electrical/electronic knowledge.
Job Type: Full Time (Mon-Fri, 9.00-18.00)
Location: Songkhla office
(120/8 Block F, Moo 1, Tambon Ching Kho, Singhanakhon District, Songkhla Province 90280) (120/8บล็อค F หมู่ 1 ต.ชิงโค อ. สิงหนคร จ.สงขลา)
Salary: THB 40,000 – 80,000 based on level of experience
Benefit: Social Security Fund, Provident Fund, Health & Life insurance, Medical