date: Jan 19, 2017
location: Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
Chevron is one of the world’s leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Completion Engineer located in Bangkok, Thailand with requisition ID 77001.
Position Close Date: Tuesday 31 January 2017.
The Completion Engineering position is located in Bangkok, Thailand with primary responsibility for planning and operations input as well as execution mainly for well interventions, well servicing and rig-less plug and abandonment, and workover/ recompletion offshore in the Gulf of Thailand.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Manages contracts
- Tracks performance
- Writes standard operation procedures (including compliance to upstream capability (UC) Global Technical Standards and WellSafe requirements)
- Conducts risk assessment, offshore visits, and acts as reliever to the Onshore Completions Field Superintendent
- Develops well work programs, AFEs, and fit-for-purpose well intervention designs
- Assists the Superintendent in day to day execution activities, and support HSE in all aspects
- Acts as senior reviewer and approvers of the routine and non-routine well work orders
- Serves as subject matter expert in various technical areas and require interface with UC and other business unit (BU) on specific technical issue
- Manages completion services contract, both strategically and tactically on a daily basis across all operations
- Thai National
- BS degree in Engineering
- 10 years minimum upstream oil and gas industry experience
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.